Apple watches. What was originally laughed at for being square is becoming a lot more mainstream in the last year. I mean, sales figures don't lie. Even if that's true, is the apple watch something you should want? Is it worth your money, and is it worth your… time? Let's find out.
The watch color and material depend wildly by the price point and series number you decide. But basically, it comes in rose gold, gold gold, space gold, white gold, shiny white gold, and shiny space gold. At differing prices. Now into living with it for a year. I'm going to be honest with you, when I bought an apple watch series 1, I had a specific need I wanted to be filled. I wanted something to give me notifications and give me the time. All the other stuff is just extra. Geez, all those features sound like something else people carry around.
But this is different. While you'd check your phone for notifications and time, it's a reach into your pocket, pull out, and angle it to read. For some ladies who use purses, the hassle could take even longer. With a watch on your wrist it's a quick glance and you're back to cruising around. There are times where you're unable to pull out your phone, like when you're at work and it's not a lunch break, this would come in handy. Water resistance is useful, this guy has been out in the rain more times than I can count. All watches really should be water resistant. I mean, do watch manufacturers want us to wash our hands?
The UI on the watch still feels smooth after a year, with no real stuttering. Battery life, is good enough. You can easily get by at least a day and then some on the 42mm watch, even after a year of usage. Not the best, not terrible. All day battery life is a nice feature to have. It's just if one day you forget to charge that could be an issue. I mean, it's easy to borrow a phone charger from your friend, but an apple watch charger is harder to find on someone in public. But this is a non-issue if you just remember to charge it…
Now, onto the negatives, the watch occasionally tells you when to stand up, to get those health juices flowing. And it always picks the right times, like when you're driving, on the toilet, or lying in bed. I mean, it's on constantly. You can turn that off by going into the "My Watch" app, Activity setting, and turn off stand reminders.
A year ago, I criticized the apple watch for how little functionality apps provided, sometimes giving you almost no information at all. And now, it's gotten a lot better. Apps are much more intuitive and useful and is actually bearable. A few apps are so slow, it'd be faster to just pull out your phone and use that. But most of them are just plain great, fast, smooth, and informative, freed from useless filler, full of information and nice functionality. The body of my watch is starting to show some wear and tear. It has minor scratches I don't remember getting and these things are gonna get beat up. It's just the nature of watches sadly. It only supports iphones but that's a given since literally all its apps require integration with ios apps.
All that being said, a year ago I originally thought that a fitbit or something similar could fill most people's needs, it provides notifications and tells you the time. It wasn't smart, but equally as good as the apple watch, at the time. Now, with apps being much better optimized for the watch, I've changed my tune. Fitbits are still great for budget customers. But the apple watch finally has smart features I can see plenty of people using. And it's entry level price point isn't as bad as it was 2 years ago. If you're in the apple ecosystem, if you're looking for a smartwatch, an apple watch isn't a bad choice for its price range at all. Just not these ones, please.
Anyway, I hope you guys found this video useful, if you enjoyed it, give it a thumbs up, comment, and well, don't forget to subscribe. I'll see you guys next time.
Living With An Apple Watch: A Year Later | |
| 13,119 views views | 6,470 followers |
| 314 Likes | 314 Dislikes |
| Science & Technology | Upload TimePublished on 23 Feb 2018 |
| apple watch series 4 price, apple watch series 4 bands, apple watch series 4 44mm, apple watch series 4 deals, apple watch series 4 review, apple watch series 4 waterproof, apple watch series 4 features, apple watch series 4 cellular, apple watch series 4 40mm, apple watch series 4 screen protector, apple watch series 4 gps, apple watch series 4 sizes, apple watch series 4 nike, apple watch series 4 vs 3, apple watch series 4 battery life, apple watch series 4 case, apple watch series 4 stainless steel, apple watch series 4 black friday, apple watch series 4 ecg, apple watch series 4 accessories, apple watch review series 3, apple watch review cnet, apple watch review series 4, apple watch review 3, apple watch review reddit, apple watch review youtube, apple watch review 3 vs 4, apple watch review series 2, apple watch review verge, apple watch review series 1, apple watch reviews 2019, apple watch review for runners, apple watch review wirecutter, apple watch review comparison, apple watch review fitness, apple watch review amazon, apple watch review gizmodo, apple watch review worth it, apple watch review blog, apple watch review nike | |
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét